Birthdays, weddings, anniversaries: we unwrap the presents and simply throw the glittery, decorative paper and 🎀🎁 shiny ribbons out!
This way we generate huge amounts of non-recyclable rubbish.🗑 So it’s no wonder that alternatives to plastic gift wrapping are taking the sleep of the eyes of environmentally conscious people.
Here are 6 ideas for eco-friendly gift packaging:
1. The minimum is to unwrap the gifts carefully and save up the wrapping paper and other decorations to reuse them later on!
2. Use biodegradable and recyclable kraft paper or a multi-purpose biodegradable paper bag and decorate it to your liking. 🛍🏷
3. Search through your wardrobes for any material you can reuse: old stockings, bags, containers, and use your creativity. ✂👕
Tip: toilet paper rolls 🧻 offer incalculable re-usage possibilities, they also make perfect gift boxes.
4. Old newspapers 📰 or magazines can make stylish gift wrappings – especially if you can find an interesting or funny article or picture matching the occasion.
5. If you’re into knitting or crocheting, you can use these skills to make a fancy gift package! 🧶
6. Do it like the Japanese do and fold your gift with the furoshiki, i.e. a two-sided square cloth. You can easily google the tutorials.
If you have any pics of your hand-made gift wrapping, post them in the comments! 📸 💬