This is the first of many to come intellectual interventions of mine and the AI between my ears about the topic that has been on my table already for months: artificial intelligence x creativity. And after speaking last week at the AI conference about how we can use creativity to master the AI era, I allowed myself to pure my thoughts on the physical paper – because, as we know: Paper doesn’t judge.
But you can! And I invite you to comment, discuss, and participate in the collective discourse on this and other emerging topics because, as we all know:
The AI era has already arrived; it’s just as usual, very unevenly distributed.
So here are a few things that humans can do creatively:
– Humans have the unique ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions to challenges.
– This creativity will be essential in mastering the age of AI because…
– Creativity is the ability to think outside the box and develop ideas that have never been considered.
– It is the ability to take risks, think differently, and explore new possibilities.
– It is the ability to make connections between seemingly unrelated things and to find new solutions to old problems.
That’s excellent news. Right? That’s when we see that we humans have many superpowers, and creativity, in this case, is definitely one of them.
The other side of the coin is the striking realization that AI tools can already do all of the above. And “already” means we are still at the beginning of the upcoming transformation. And they can make it way faster than we do. In this case, we can argue that human cognitive creativity (still somehow) equals AI.
So where does this leave us as humans?