I had this palm face or face palm 🙈 moment at the end of May when I opened the door of my apartment after a month of constant traveling and just faced the reality of it:
- Messy, dirty (the apartment), and the never-ending to-do list – also messy and dirty
- 💡 Ideas lying on the floor 💡
- 💡 Ideas screaming from the fridge 💡
- 💡 Ideas knocking at the balcony door 💡
My brain 🧠 is spinning because – you know – I’m happy and simply just tired. 🥱
There is no better time for me to use my creative skills 😃 at this type of moment. Here are a few steps of what I do when I don’t know what to do:
1. Going to the forest 🌳 -> communing with nature is a natural booster of creativity for me. Especially these days: singing birds, green everywhere. Hugging trees, laying on the grass, touching beautiful plants, smelling the flowers…
2. Talking to people with an open mind ☺️ and heart ♥️. Add a walk through a forest and a voila; you have a delicious dessert on the table. And here is an important part: Its goal is not to get instant solutions but to share a human experience and simply be.
“Intelligence is just one dimension of ability. Don’t limit yourself to it. Open up to instinct, intuition, creativity and thus possibility.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
3. Using the following creative technique:
Writing ✍️ down on the piece of paper what I think is my challenge. You know, a piece of paper doesn’t judge. I thank the world for the challenge. I seem to be the right person to solve it because I got it (this is my optimistic side talking).
And now see point 1. Very seldom do I overthink and overcomplicate things as it just happened after coming back home after a very busy May. But the things are… just simple… Simplicity is the key; boredom usually brings the best ideas and helps us to unleash our creative potential.
And here, usually, I get all the answers and clarity. It’s indeed very simple. 🤩
And what are your favorite creative techniques? 😃