Running dry on creativity levels? 😪 Feel like you’re having a creative block?
Here are 5 proven ways of getting back on the creative track!
1. Set a routine – a study examining three groups of nine blocked writers found that those who wrote habitually showed the highest level of creativity.
2. Step away from your work – you might be getting in too deep and hard and draining yourself of creativity more and more. Sometimes it’s good to take a break from your creative work.
3. Take a walk – American philosopher Henry David Thoreau penned in his journal, “Methinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow”.
4. Change your scenery – you work in the same workspace every day. Why not change it for a nice café, a shared workspace, or a park, for example. Those new places can be sources of new, fresh ideas.
5. Keep a notebook, or basically just write down the things that come to your mind so that you can return to them later. They will serve as great inspiration later, we’re sure of that!
What are your go-to methods for overcoming creative blocks? 💬